Do your kids love to cook? Then you’ve come to the right place – we offer classes for kids of all ages. Our two-hour, hands-on classes are packed with fun and creativity, not to mention plenty of yummy food.
Mommie & Me
Like to cook with your little ones? Then these classes are designed for you – children ages 4-8. Parent (or grandparent) and child team up to create delicious dishes the whole family will love! Classes take place one Saturday a month from 11 am – noon. For more information and to register, click here.
Designed for kids ages 8-13, these two hour classes feature everything from Cupcake Wars and Chopped Jr. to Tex-Mex and After School Snacks. For more information and to register, click here.
Summer Cooking Camps
- The Adventurous Palate: Eating Around the World in 5 Days: July 24-28
Take a trip around the world with us in just five days – a culinary adventure that is! Each day we’ll visit a different ethnic restaurant, get a tour of the kitchen with the chef and watch as he or she demonstrates how to make an iconic dish from that cuisine. Then back in our kitchen, we’ll try our hand at one of their favorites. From French and German to Italian and Indian – this will be an adventure you won’t want to miss! Note: If you took this adventure last summer, we will be visiting different restaurants this year!
Designed for kids ages 9-13, the Adventurous Palate runs from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. each day.
$450/child – SPECIAL OFFER! Sign up before March 10 and take $25 off! Use promo code CAMP17 (case sensitive).
Each chef receives an apron, diploma of completion, a cookbook of all the recipes prepared throughout the week, and lunch & snack each day.
To register, click HERE.
- Think Like a Chef: June 26-30
If you’ve been through the basics and you’re ready for more of a challenge, this camp is for you. Each day will feature a different technique to master – knife skills, sauteeing, braising, etc. Chef will demonstrate a dish that you must then replicate, employing the specific ingredients and technique of the day. We will also visit a commercial kitchen to meet with other chefs to explore what a day in the life of a restaurant chef is really like. To register, click HERE.
- Baking Boot Camp: July 10-14
Is baking your passion? Do you love to create luscious desserts and breads? Then you won’t want to miss this summer’s new – Baking Boot Camp. Each day we’ll focus on a different aspect of baking from sweet to savory and you’ll get to enjoy the fruits of your labor! We’ll even have a special guest chef visit to talk about what life is like for a professional pastry chef. To register, click HERE.
Designed for kids ages 9-13, the Think Like a Chef & Baking Boot Camp run from 9 a.m. – noon each day.
$250/child – SPECIAL OFFER! Sign up before March 10 and take $25 off! Use promo code CAMP17 (case sensitive).
Each chef receives an apron, diploma of completion, a cookbook of all the recipes prepared throughout the week, and lunch each day.
All classes take place in our Prince Frederick kitchen. 3405 Hallowing Point Rd., Prince Frederick, MD.
Birthday Party Cooking Classes
Tired of the same old birthday parties? Looking for something different and unique this year? How about something for your budding chef? How about a birthday cooking party? No Thyme to Cook provides all of the ingredients, supplies, and materials – you provide the hungry guests. All parties include a customized menu and cooking fun and instruction with a chef. Every child leaves with homemade goodies and a taste for cooking that will hopefully leave them hungry for more.
Our 2-hour parties are designed for children ages 4 and up. Four & five year olds (whether the birthday child or guest) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Experienced staff to instruct and assist
- Choice of one delicious party theme & all ingredients
- Individual birthday cupcake decorating
- Paper plates, napkins, utensils, and cups
- Set-up and clean-up
Choose One of the Following Party Themes:
- Chopped Junior
- Pizza, Pizza
- Mexican Fiesta
- Pasta Party
- Asian Wraps
Then choose one of your favorite cupcake varieties to bake during the party:
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Spice Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Lemon Cupcakes
Our kitchen can accommodate a maximum of 10 children. The cost is just $35/child in our kitchen. If you would prefer to host the party in your kitchen, you’re limited only by the number it can comfortably accommodate. The cost is just $45/child. For classes further than 50 miles from No Thyme to Cook, a mileage surcharge will apply.
Want to add a little extra to the party? Choose from any or all of the following add-ons.
- Party Favor Bags: Party Favor bags contain 1 rubber baking spatula, a whisk & fun cupcake liners so you can re-create the fun at home! $6/bag
- Sundae Bar: 2 kinds of ice cream, whipped cream, toppings and a variety sauces: $5 extra/child
- Chef’s Jacket for the Birthday Boy or Girl: $35
- Nut Allergies: No Thyme to Cook is NOT a nut free facility. Any nuts that are on site are stored in enclosed containers. All pans, pots, bowls, etc are run through our dishwasher which reaches sanitizing temperatures during the cycle. For the birthday parties NONE of the recipes include nuts.
- Other food allergies or dietary restrictions: We always try to accommodate children with other allergies like gluten, dairy, sesame, soy, etc. As long as you let our staff know when you register your child we always try to find a substitution for the student.
- Parents booking a birthday party should ask parents of the guest children about allergies BEFORE the party so no surprises come up during the party when a child lets the staff know he or she is allergic to an item being used. We can work around most allergies if we know in advance.
Contact us today to discuss your child’s one-of-a kind birthday cooking party! Just call (443.624.5048) or email us.