Miso-Mayo Oyster Gratin
This is the grand prize winner from this year's annual oyster cook-off!
Write a review
- 12 Maryland oysters, shucked, shells reserved
- 4 tsp. white miso paste
- 4 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. mirin
- 8 small shiitake mushrooms
- 4 tsp. scallions, minced, green parts only
- melted butter
- crushed red pepper for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. F.
- Rinse oysters under cold running water.
- Put oysters in a pot of boiling water and blanch for 7-8 seconds. Drain oysters in a colander. Then place on paper towel-liked plate to drain.
- In a bowl, mix together miso, mayonnaise and mirin.
- Remove stem of each shiitake mushroom. Discard stems. Slice mushrooms thinly.
- Spread butter lighly inside of 12 shells and lay on a rimmed baking sheet, open side up. Divide shiitake mushrooms among the shells. Put 1 oysters in each shell on top of mushrooms. Spread miso mixture over each oyster and sprinkle with scallion on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
- To serve, sprinkle with crushed red pepper over the top.
No Thyme To Cook http://nothymetocook.com/