Write a review
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Backbone from turkey
- Neck from turkey
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 4 fresh thyme stalks
- 1 C. dry white wine
- 2 quarts chicken or turkey stock
- Kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Brown the backbone pieces, neck and vegetables to caramelize.
- Deglaze with the wine, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce until only about 1/4 C of liquid remains.
- Pour in the chicken or turkey stock.
- After simmering for about 45 minutes the broth will be deeply flavorful and intense.
- In a separate pan, melt 4 Tbsp. butter and add 4 Tbsp. of flour cooking until golden blond.
- Strain the bones and veggies off of the stock.
- Whisk half of the roux (flour/butter mix) in the strained stock to make a great gravy.Continue to add roux a tablespoon at a time until it is the consistency you like.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
No Thyme To Cook http://nothymetocook.com/