Grilled Doughnut Shortcake
Write a review
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries, washed and cut
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Cointreau (optional)
- 4 cake doughnuts, sliced horizontally
- Vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, sugar and Cointreau, mixing well. Set aside.
- Oil the unlit side of the grill. Add the doughnuts, cut side down. Cover and grill until they just begin to brown, 1-2 mins.
- Place the bottom of the doughnut on each plate. Top with a scoop of ice cream, the strawberries, the top of the doughnut, more berries and whipped cream if desired.
- Southern Maryland's Home for Cooking Classes!
No Thyme To Cook http://nothymetocook.com/