Double Chocolate Mousse Cake
Write a review
- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1 lb. butter
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 C. half and half
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 large eggs
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 Grease 10” springform pan
- In a heavy 3-quart saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, butter, sugar, half and half, vanilla, & salt, whisking until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and slowly whisk the warm chocolate into the eggs until well blended. Pour batter in springform pan. Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cake is cool, remove from the pan. Wrap cake in plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 6 hours.
- In a heavy 2 quart saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate & butter until smooth. Remove from heat and add in the melt and corn syrup.
- Unwrap the cake and place on a cake plate lined with parchment paper. Spread glaze on top of cake.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and berries.
No Thyme To Cook http://nothymetocook.com/